I moved out

I moved out and its a little bit scary and alot exciting.
I mean I've lived away from home before, but I've never had to pay my own bills, make my own food and be completely self-sufficient.  But this weekend I visited my family and it made me realize that even though living away from home can be intimidating it is also extremely liberating. Don't get me wrong I love my family to death but seeing them with the newly founc context was strangely satisfying.

As I said I lived away from home before and so I knew what it was like to have your own routine and have your own mindset towards chores, food, time spent etc. but I've never owned a place like I do now, granted its only leased.  I love it, coming home after my weekend with family made me feel giddy, because I was coming HOME. It feels like home.

I was scared the weekend before I moved out because it all seemed so rushed. I saw the place Friday and moved out the Monday. I have a tendency to underestimate myself. I fear I won't do well with change because my anxiety has often prevented me from adapting in the past but this summer has been brilliant for that. I have held a job as an assistant stage manager in a travelling show (a job which I got very last minute), I have started college as a full time Science student and then I moved out. Thats alot of change for anyone to handle, let alone someone who suffers from anxiety. But I can proudly say that I've not only been coping but doing extremely well. I have to stop being scared because if the last month or so has been proof of anything is that I am highly capable and can take on any project I see fit.

Like many decisions I've made in the past, the decision to move out has been challenging but has also lead me to be alot happier.

What I call now call home

Comments

Popular Posts