Opinions and such...

I have a voice, I'm a fairly opinionated person, I'm a feminist, a mental health activist and an LGBTQ+ ally and there have been so many times where I want to pick up my camera and make a video on something or open up my computer and write a blogpost.

There are a few reasons I rarely do;
I worry that I'll get repetitive and annoy people, I've written 2 blog posts on my mental health but there is so much more I would say about anxiety, depression, emotional abuse etc. as well as adding more posts about LGBTQ rights when I already published a piece on it. This is probably due to my anxiety and experience with abuse but I would never want to upset anyone, so I sometimes stay quiet instead, though I know that logically, if someone gets annoyed, there is nothing much either they or I can do and that deep down I don't care because this blog and my youtube channel were started for me and my ideas.

I also fret alot about people's reactions to what I want to say and alot of the time I end up not speaking whats on my mind. I was raised Christian and alot of my family/friends are Christians, alot of them not so liberal as me. And I fear their judgment. And on the opposite spectrum, I have friends who are part of the rainbow community and I don't want to appear ignorant or non-inclusive in what I share because that would never be my intention.

For example when gay marriage was legalized in the States, I put a Facebook status up on my wall... and boy was that a shit show. A huge fight between gay/trans friends of mine v.s. Christian family members broke out on my wall. And I have to say it angered me, my intention of posting that was never to start an internet riot, it was never to insult any religion or have my religious family insult my friends. My intention when I share my opinions is to start a respectful discussion and to get things off my chest. I don't want to turn people against each other, I try to live with love towards everyone around me and would love for my thoughts and positivity to affect those around me in the same way.

That being said, I want to try and post more opinionated activist pieces. I realize that not everyone will want to read/watch all of them and thats perfectly fine, I don't read every single post in my newsfeed. I also realize that while I'm coming from an open and loving place, on certain topics, I am not as educated as others. So please if you feel I am being offensive/ non-inclusive let me know in a message. I would love to be more educated on things where my knowledge may not be fully rounded. I also always love a healthy debate so  feel free to post respectful thoughts/opinions in the comments.
And as always, any questions are welcome, I'm fairly expierienced with mental health especially and am open to sharing my experiences in order to help someone understand something. Learning and opening your mind to touchy subjects can be daunting and its a constant process that we can help each other through.

Image result for I have a voice

Comments

Popular Posts