A Whirlwind Life

My life seems to be a series of whirlwinds. 
They'll be nothing, an emptiness that desperately need s filling for months on end and then, it will fill more quickly than the eye can see.  
My life will seem to be overflowing, so busy and wonderful that I can barely catch a breath. 
I'll get caught up in the moment, floating and laughing as the world spins around me, the wind beneath my wings.
But like all things in nature the whirlwind must eventually slow, gently lowering me to the ground. 
The ground unsteady beneath me as I try to find my balance.

The time seems to pass so slowly,
I almost forget how it feels to be all caught up in a blissful spontaneity.
As quickly as it was overflowing as empty as it finds itself, my life swings between extremes.
A slow sluggish day passes, blending in with all the others as I look to the horizon, not sure what I'm hoping to find.
There, a glimpse, a faint spot in the distance, a glimmer of the next perfect summer storm.
Small gusts of winds lap at my being making my stomach flip as it remembers the floating sensations of weightlessness.


Comments

Popular Posts