Book of Positivity | Day 4

I went to the beach yesterday. It was bloody hot outside, 34 degrees celsius. (93.2 Fahrenheit for all you wierdos out there) and yes I said 'bloody' I lived in England for 5 months let me be. So myself and the sister, husband and baby headed out to Meech Lake to spend a day in the sun (Let's call my companions S, Z and little O) I packed us a picnic which consisted of fruits, veggies, chips/crisps (I have a complex about what to call them now), pita and hummus.
The Amazing Scenery
It was such a nice relaxing time to be at the beach, the last few days, I'm not going to lie have been really really shitty in terms of my anxiety it has only peaked like that once or twice before, so to go out and enjoy the sun and relax was very much needed. When we got to the beach there was hardly anybody only a young mom and her two kids who we got to talk to, her little girl was the same age as little O and it was nice for me and especially for S to see another young mom and talk to her. (The woman thought I was the mom of little O and I'm still not sure if I see that as a compliment or not)

Dipping My Toes
We dipped our feet in the water and boy was it cold, seriously freezing. Our little corner of the world seems to have forgotten about Spring and went from -10 to 30 very very quickly so the water still feels icy. I however promised myself I would go swimming and so I did, the water was so cold it was hard to actually swim and my throat started to hurt from the cold. I went in to cool off several times throughout the day and even convinced a few people to jump in with me. (Not exactly a superpower eh? But I personally love being able to show that I'm not weak which i suppose makes me sound a little conceited, I'm not I promise) I even befriended a 6 yr-old girl by encouraging her to jump in at the same time as me and getting little O to wave at her which she loved.

Little O Picking Up Grapes
Little O Eating Grapes

I was such a relaxing time and so nice to be out in the sun and in the water for a cool off. The view was beautiful, I really am lucky to be surrounded by the stunning countryside. Plus I got to spend time with S while Z went off for a hike in the woods, we don't always get along very well being sisters who used to share a room, but we still care about each other and spending time out of the house together is the best way for us to bond.

After My Swim
After our mini beach getaway we picked up some popsicles, driving with the windows down and music blasting (My 21 day diet is finally over! Still limiting the sugar but not cut off from the source) and we went over to my aunt's for a quick cup of tea. It was a bit ridiculous to have a hot beverage in the sticky hot weather we were having but I still enjoyed it since England has turned me into a tea addict and it gave me my fix. Even though my aunt lives close by I don't get to see her very often because she runs a dance company, writes books and is now getting a company started up as well as having a 6 yr-old little boy who is homeschooled. So she is a busy busy woman and seeing her is not always possible but always enjoyable.

The last stop of the day before heading home to eat our BBQ burgers was the hospital. (Sounds omninous, but its not...not really) My mum had a full historectomy as there were some abnormalities and there's a history of uterine cancer in our family. Just a step to make sure all is A-OK but it means that my mum has to be in hospital for a few days. We popped in for a visit but she was still feeling the effects of the sedation from the surgery and we were told that little O wasn't allowed on that floor (not literal floor, more as in level) as precaution against spread of infection. So we left very very shortly after getting there which on one level was sad but on the other I was pooped, sunburnt and ready to go home.

This was a positive day because I managed to overcome my anxiety for a day and have a lovely day. I swam in a freezing lake and that made me proud and I got to take some amazing pictures of the view and my little nephew. I look forward to more summer days like this in the future minus the hospital visit because as one lady in the hospital elevator pointed out, it's a good sign if you get lost in a hospital as it means you don't have occasion to be there.


Comments

Popular Posts